Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Matmatic 1.1 coming soon - any more enhancement requests?

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 29, 2010 · 27 posts

RobynsVeil posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 6:48 AM

Finally got a chance to give Matmatic 1.1 a decent workout... well, my version of a decent workout. I loved Matmatic before, I adore it now. Seriously, this is a most worthy app, Bill, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what it's capable of. I feel a bit like those PC neophytes at work who use Excel to generate prose documents: I'm converting my scripts to MM 1.1 but they are still quite pedestrian, really. And probably using things not-quite-rightly... I do love how it makes my shoddy shaders look ever so spiffy, though.

I vote this to be the Poser Tool Extraordinaire of the Year.

Quote - "What sort of operation did you want on showPreview? Show them all?"

When you say: "show them all" do you mean for all nodes or for all texture_map nodes? When I test/play/muck-around-and-generally-get-more-confused with nodes, I do use the showPreview window... but I generally collapse all except those nodes that I want the users to mess with. So, it would be just for those nodes... mind you, I'm wondering how hard it would be to add a third parameter to indicate how I want the node to appear:
x = PM(Add(1), "Adds 1", 0) # All collapsed
x = PM(Add(1), "Adds 1", 1) # Inputs showing, showPreview collapsed
x = PM(Add(1), "Adds 1", 2) # ShowPreview showing, Inputs collapsed
x = PM(Add(1), "Adds 1", 3) # All showing

Here I go telling you how to design your stuff... WRONG. I'll let you decide if you want to give users that sort of control and how it would make more sense to be implemented: my software solution imagination is fairly infantile based on my somewhat (read: extremely)  limited development experience.

And of course, my gratitude for your generosity remains limitless and fervent.

I just said "see-y'uz- later" to my workmates in recovery this arvie: we're going on holidays to the States to see my folks, but I'll be bringing my netbook and having a bit more of a play in Matmatic on it when my mum drives me batty... she and I generally reach critical mass after about 6.475 hours together... roughly. :biggrin:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks