Forum: Bryce

Subject: Br7ce

AgentSmith opened this issue on Jul 30, 2010 · 195 posts

Rayraz posted Sat, 31 July 2010 at 12:39 PM

Quote - Ray, I think you'll find you'll have greater control over clouds and lighting in general.

Can i find any specifics anywhere? I'd like to know what i get before i buy...

B7 looks like its getting marketed by monkeys, there are about 3 or 4 different pages describing its features and improvements and all of them give only a partial explaination, very confusing.

Shouldnt every b7 link on the daz website point to the same big fancy marketing page that screams "The new bryce 7 now with ecosystems! instancing! volumetric clouds! improved HDRI support! Faster rendering! Brand new TA implementation!" and then gives a complete list of features that explains what exactly the features are, especially if they use terminology that isnt industry-standard.

It should have some clear showcases of the coolest new features, the promo video should look professional, the new features should have their controls linked to interface elements that have names representing the nature of the feature.

The "particle emitter" is about the ugliest hack that has ever been called a feature, and daz itself advertizes the application as being in need of future bugfixes and everything...

I'm not at all convinced that this new version is anywhere near ready for sale... it feels like any of the important updates are potentially unstable and after seeing the demonstration videos it feels like the interface that once was intuitive is becoming confusing instead.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.