Forum: Bryce

Subject: Br7ce

AgentSmith opened this issue on Jul 30, 2010 · 195 posts

Bambam131 posted Tue, 03 August 2010 at 7:29 AM

Is anyone having the same problem that I am having, not being able to import files created with Bryce 5.5 into 7 Pro. It seems that there is still the problem with handling memory. It will not handle a 300 Meg file but I can import that same file into Bryce 6.3 and it will load correctly every time. But if you add more parts to that file in 6.3 it will run out of memory and will crash Bryce.
The only version of Bryce that still seem to be able to handle large files over 300 Meg's is 5.5.
I even created the model in Bryce 7 Pro thinking that it may work better and allow me to start using this version but, it will still crash the program even though I have only created about 75% of the same model.
Memory still seems to be the biggest problem that this new version of Bryce has not been able to resolve.
I am running Win XP SP3 with 3 gigs of ram actually 4 but a 32 bit OS only uses 3 gigs and video cards that has either 512 to 1 Gig of memory. This issue occurs on 5 different computers. So I do not believe that the issue lies with the computers.
Any thoughts!

Thanks,

David