Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 · 1724 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 1:03 PM

adp,

Quote - 'Bias' object has no attribute 'LuxType'

I wrote the list of nodes currently understood. Bias is not one of them.

Anytime you get has no attribute 'LuxType' it means the MatConverter does not have a Lux implementation for this yet.

Bias cannot be done because Lux does not have a "pow" texture.There are other nodes in there that aren't supported. In order to convert one of these Alternate_Diffuse shaders (of which I produce a ton) I have to fully analyze it to figure out what it is trying to accomplish.

In this case, it is one of the fake SSS techniques: Diffuse->ColorRamp(low red to black). I will write a recognition algorithm for this type of shader and it will be dealt with, even if it cannot be literally implemented this way in Lux.

I first published this type of shader in 2006 and it got copied into Daz products and now is everywhere. (Although I don't use this tactic anymore.) I'll be sure to make it work.

Actually, it's kind of nice because it pretty much 100% tells the MatConverter "Here we are trying to do skin".

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)