Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Cage posted Wed, 11 August 2010 at 1:11 PM

Quote - @cage:
using symetrie "Right Leg to Left Leg" - Instep Actors are not considered.
using symetrie "Right to Left" - Instep Actors are considered.
hmm, good to know. still the question why.
sometimes i dont wont to the whole symetrie. e.g. dont't hav the arms posed ready.

I suspect it comes down to Poser's internal definitions of "arm" and "leg".  The instep actors on Antonia are unusual, if not unique, in Poser figures.  If the process works using some kind of actor name database, the insteps simply may not be included.  Or it might be that the process works based on IK chains, which might be an easy way of defining "arm" and "leg" on a per-figure basis, regardless of actor naming.  The leg IK chains end with the foot, so the instep as child of foot would be missed if this is the case.

But I'm just guessing.  😕

There may be a Python script out there somewhere which can deal with this sort of thing.  Seems like something Ockham might have covered.  Unless I've imagined that....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.