Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 · 1724 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 4:05 PM

The spotlight is aimed at 0 0 0 because I haven't released the updates to point the lights where they should be.

Regarding the colors - I haven't fully decided how to handle gamma correction. If you're starting with something that was designed for GC in Poser Pro, it's obvious what to do.

If you're starting with Poser 7 style shaders, it's not so obvious. All incoming colors are supposed to be converted to linear, and that includes those color chips in the nodes. But for the moment, I only linearize the color image map, not the chips. Since as you say there was a gray tint on the cloth, that tint should probably be anti-gamma corrected in the conversion. I have a switch for it in the code, but we need a config file and a GUI to edit it.

I got fed up with YAML, XML, JSON - all are ugly. So I've invented a new super-sweet markup language - BBML. And I'm writing BBML parsers for Python and AS3. And I've already got the ability to define both the data model and the GUI using BBML.

I haven't had much time this week to produce an update. Hopefully soon.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)