Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 · 1724 posts

odf posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 7:37 AM

Quote - Please don't missunderstand me. I don't say anything against your good programming style, surly not.

Well, I did not think you were trying to criticize my programming style. I was just confused, because I didn't understand what you were trying to tell me.

Quote - But Numeric is available for all versions of Poser Python (different versions, but all have at least the basic features; this is where IF VERSION==nn makes sense).

Ah, okay! I get it now.

The latest version of my code - which I haven't posted yet - pulls the data out of the geometry object right at the initialization and sticks the vertex and uv coordinates into Numeric arrays. I just did a bit of profiling. At the moment, about two thirds of the runtime are spent in Mesh.add_polygon() and Subgeometry.split_at_vertex_seams(), which contain lots and lots of setdefault() and append() calls. So these are the first places where I'll try to speed things up a bit once I've got the functionality complete.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.