Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 ยท 1724 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 8:25 AM

I am overwhelmed and depressed with kawecki's near-constant disinformation campaigns.

I am thinking of leaving this thread. It happens over and over.

Kawecki assembles a group of premises (supposedly facts), about a third of which he has completely backwards and wrong. Then we get a "scientific" sounding analysis that is complete bullshit.

I'm tired of dealing with it.

In this thread it started with assertions that Python can't be used for export - exactly what we're doing. Now it's that sRGB colors are linear and do not need to be anti-gamma corrected.

In the underwater scene thread kawecki argued that z-depth, not distance, is the correct approach (it is not) and that a shader implementing distance-based inverse exponential falloff would be too slow (my shader adds 2 seconds to a 2 minute render.) He also said that I would not be able to take into account the effects of depth. I did. Because of the constant arguing, denying what I show to be true, and confusing the issues enough that people conclude stupid things like "even the experts disagree", I abandoned that thread and did not publish my underwater shader.

That was not the only incident. There are dozens of others. Stupid arguing over points that are proven and settled drive me crazy. I can't take the adrenalin this produces in me.

I'm now thinking of abandoning this thread.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)