Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser Dynamic Hair dead?

chrisfm64 opened this issue on Aug 13, 2010 · 14 posts

Cage posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 2:06 PM

I would really like to use dynamic hair, myself, but the design tools don't seem very accessible.  The fact that the design tools steer like a cow might be part of why dynamic hair has never caught on.  :lol:  I think it's also difficult to export dynamic hair for use in any kind of external rendering program.  Possibly the intertwining of Poser and D|S markets for so long has held Poser's dynamic hair back (if I'm not mistaken in thinking that D|S offers no support in this area).

I'd really like to see better dynamic hair design tools in future versions of Poser.  Something which allows some control using parameter dials, instead of the clumsy mouse-drag interface.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.