Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 · 1724 posts

odf posted Sat, 14 August 2010 at 2:30 AM

For my fellow coders, here's my latest contribution. The LuxportActor class (which I guess might be up for a name change) can now be instantiated with a figure rather than an actor object, in which case it treats that whole figure as a single mesh, collecting and using whatever welding information it can gather from Poser. As a result, the normals generated are now consistent on actor boundaries, and fewer mesh objects (one for each material present in the figure instead of one for each material in each actor) are exported to Lux.

In this version however, the mesh is not actually welded at actor boundaries. That is because Poser does - as far as I know - not provide explicit information on whether and how to weld texture vertices. An actor boundary may or may not coincide with a texture seam, so it's important to test this explicitly; a test which I haven't implemented yet. That means that effectively I have a texture seam at each actor boundary, and the previously welded vertices are unwelded in the next stage. I'll fix that soon. It shouldn't have any visual effect on end users, anyway, unless one tells Lux to subdivide the mesh and generate new normals.

Now I need to go and catch up with the rest of the exporter.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.