Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser figures wrestling BELOW the ring

charlesatlas opened this issue on Aug 15, 2010 · 22 posts

drewradley posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 4:07 PM

No problem.

First step is to turn off the IK on the figures (Figure/Use Inverse Kinematics - all should be unchecked). Next select the "Hip" of the first figure just by clicking on it or be selecting it from the drop down menu in the Parameter window. Next open the graph editor (Window/Graph). At this point, you should still have the hip selected. If you have anything other than the hip of the figure, go back and try again.

On the graph editor, there are two gray slider bars with little marks on either end. Click on the end mark on the bottom bar and still holding the mouse button, pull it out so it compresses the graph so you can see all the key frames. Then, still with the graph open, select the "yTran" from the parameter window simply by clicking on it. Then go back to the graph and click anywhere in it with the SHIFT key held. Then drag out to one end and release the button (but not the shift key). This will highlight the key frames in black. Then click somewhere in the highlighted frames and drag out to the other end (still holding the shift key). This should highlight all the key frames, beginning to end. If you don't have them all highlighted in black, try this step over.

Now, if everything went as planned, you should have the hip's yTran selected and all the key frames highlighted. To move the figure up and down, hold down the CONTROL key and drag the mouse up or down until you've placed it where you want.

WARNING: This is not undoable with the Undo command (control z).

Then simply repeat for the next figure.

I use Poser 7. Don't know what version you have or if there are any differences but this is pretty basic so it shouldn't have changed between versions too much. It is much simpler once you've done it a few times, I don't know how I got by without this before!

Let me know if you still have problems and I'll work up a graphic tutorial for it.

p.s. the same method could work on the BODY of a figure as well. Just do the same thing only with the body selected. But I prefer to move the hip since it is easier to store and use later.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender