Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 · 1724 posts

kawecki posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:19 PM

I don't know how you have solved some problems if were solved. I found Lux materials very incomplete and lacking of many useful features, at least in version 0.7.
The problems that I found are:

1- Transparency is very tricky and doesn't work properly. The only way that I found is using the mix and null materials. Setting an amount of transparency it works, but when I try to use a transparency map for the amount nothing happens.

2- For a simple diffuse and specular textures and a transparency map that doesn't work I have to create a lot of intermediate textures and materials and do a lot of tricks.
And I haven't tested bump maps yet and... displacement... forget it.

3- The lack of ambient color in Lux materials. The only way to do is to use a light as emisive material, but as LuxRender people says it takes more time to render emisive polygons.
Replacing  the ambient color by a light can be very good, but to be useful it need a transparency map applied to the light surface and no way to do this.

4- I tested a simple scene with a big square and a ball behind and the glass and translucent material doesn't work no matter how I change by hand the parameters.

Don't worry, nobody here is guilty of anything, Poser works fine and without problems.

Stupidity also evolves!