Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jul 26, 2010 · 1724 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 10:58 AM

I will do the sun or sun+sky option.

I'm in the middle of calibrating the regular infinite, though and I've run into something really strange.

If I use just one infinite (lux's "distant") light, and calibrate it to match the luminance of the Poser infinite light, it looks just exactly right, but only with certain render settings.

When I use metropolis/bidir, it looks like what I expect. When I use lowdiscrepancy/directlighting, it is 1000 times brighter. Perhaps I don't understand the universe, but changing the sampler and integrator should not alter the luminance, should it?

Also, I have some concern about coordinate transformation (or the current lack thereof). When you use the sun+sky built-in feature, it selects sun and sky colors based on the elevation of the sun, so as to properly represent how the sky looks with the sun very high versus close to the horizon.

But in Lux, "up" is Z, not Y. So I think any testing you're doing with sun+sky is off by 90 degrees.

I will set up the sun+sky export and check it out. If it looks wrong, I'll try adding a world transformation that rotates the whole scene. There should be no need to modify any of the other exporters - just need to rotate globally. While I'm at it, I'll probably add the conversion of Poser Native Units into meters in the world transform.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)