Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Will Facebook Eat Renderosity and DAZ's Lunch?

MatrixWorkz opened this issue on Aug 26, 2010 · 66 posts

MatrixWorkz posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 10:23 AM

Quote - I'm on FB, but I'm certainly never going to buy anything through them as they are very  promiscuous  with their users' information.  I'm willing to give some information, but I'm not a complete whore...

The actual Shopping cart I'm looking at isn't through Facebook, it's through a site called E-Junkie and it allows you to basically set up shop wherever you can post HTML code for the shopping cart and item buttons. I'm only looking at using Facebook as the visible storefront because of it's connections with so many people. I could probably just sell my items through my home page here on Renderosity if it weren't for the question of whether or not that would get me banned from here. You can post HTML code to your home page here, that much I know.

Quote - I don't think I would broker my stuff there right now.  Facebook has "everything", but if I look for poser content, I'm more inclined to look at it on poser oriented sites.

It's an interesting idea though, Matrixworks. I'd be interested to find out how it works out for you.

I'm just wondering how much longer sites like this will be around. They continually piss of users and merchants alike on a yearly basis. Anyway, I'm not trying to sink the ship. I just thought it was an interesting topic to discuss after reading that article. I'm certainly not expecting anyone to agree with me as I don't have my mind made up on the subject yet myself.

My Freebies