Forum: Bryce

Subject: Considering getting Bryce 7 - persuade me

Batsarse opened this issue on Aug 25, 2010 · 8 posts

coolcatcom posted Sat, 28 August 2010 at 10:43 AM

I've been using Bryce form version 4..on my two machines I have now currently installed on my two machines Versions 5, 5.5, 6.3, and 7 Pro. There are certainly horror stories and I've read them all. I've tried all types of tests with Pro 7, imported .3ds, obj's played with all the different lights (mow that is a learning curve)etc., also, read in some of the forums the above mentioned formats don't import correctly. Here's an example I import a figure from DAZ figure pops into Bryce no hair. No big deal I go back to Bryce and import just the hair. Now in Bryce before I move the figure in any way I just re group the figure and presto done. No big deal. You need to learn to work slower in Pro 7 it's a bit different then the other versions, but let me tell you this the results are great. And YEA so are the bells and the whistles. I'll bet you that in time you will use them. For me the program works well. Also for me very miner issues. I won't tell you go for it as I don't want the blame if things don't work out for you. But as far as I'm concerned Pro 7 is way cool.   I do not post in the forums but for some reason your comment caught my eye. I therefore gave you my two cents. Good luck !