Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 2:04 PM

Quote - **Exporter Updated **

Includes new code from odf. Mainly fixes and speed-up while exporting geometries.

Because the light intensity is raised, I have to use a very high fstop now in Lux if I use kernel: linear.
Better make sure all lights together don't exeed 100%   in your Poser light setup.

adp this is bad advice, keeping under 100%. The sun light must be 4 to 8 times brighter than any "bulb" type of lights. If you want a living room or kitchen light on, as well as outdoor lighting for looking through the window, you will need the kitchen light at, for example, 75%, and the sun light outside at 600%.

The total light amount is irrelevant precisely because you can adjust exposure in the target renderer. You can expose for out the window, or you can expose for in the kitchen.

Think like a camera. Do you, when using a camera, tell the sun to stop radiating at full power?

No.

If you're really thinking about accuracy, look at the EV value shown by the renderer, at the bottom right. If you are outside at noon on a sunny day, it should be EV=16. That is 256 times brighter than indoors.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)