Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: "Sale End" dates and Customer Service issue

Alisa opened this issue on Sep 01, 2010 · 6 posts

Acadia posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 6:31 PM

I agree. It is confusing.

When I hear "ends September 1st" I take it to mean that it ends at 1 minute past midnight on September 1st (the start of the day). But I can also see how it could be interpreted as meaning at the end of the day on the day indicated.

I haven't looked, but I imagine they have something in the TOS about not being responsible for typographical errors in communication in order to protect themselves, otherwise they would be in deep doggie-doo if they have someone who has a high rate of inaccuracy when typing.

Quote - I got an email from the representative saying that the vendor has put their things back on sale until 11:45 pm on Sept 2nd (tomorrow).  I just looked at the pages and they say, amazingly:

Sale Ends:9/2/10

WAIT A MINUTE!!  According to what I was told this morning, this means the sale ends TONIGHT, not TOMORROW night. 

But no, THIS time when it says Sale ends 9/2/2010 it actually means at the end of the DAY on 9/2/2010 

I think the reason they said the sale ends on the 2nd instead of 11:59 on the first, is because the vendor explicitly said "11:45 pm on Sept 2nd" instead of just "September 2nd".

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi