Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: "Sale End" dates and Customer Service issue

Alisa opened this issue on Sep 01, 2010 · 6 posts

Alisa posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 11:05 PM

Hi, Stacey - as I said in my last post, I was not doubting her word or integrity or helpfulness.  I agree with all you have said about her. And of COURSE no ill intent was intended.  Of COURSE we all make mistakes and make typos. I guess I feel that those things are irrelevant to the issue.

I am a business owner.   Let's take a comparable scenario -

I email a client, saying they can pay me at a discounted rate if they do so by Sept 2, and they write back asking "do you mean by the end of the day Sept 1 or the end of the day Sept 2?"  and I respond "by the end of the day on Sept 2" - MAKING A TYPO and intending to have said Sept 1.  They write back "thanks" and I write back "you're welcome".

Then, they walk in to see me on Sept 2nd with the discounted payment in hand.  I say "Oh you had to pay by Sept 1, you didn't pay in time, so no discount" and they show me a copy of the email.

I would NEVER say "oops, that was a typo, sorry - can't give you the discount"

I might say "oops, that was a typo, sorry, please remember that for next time it is the day before the day I tell you." I'd probably follow up with an email to that effect. 

Then, I would HONOR MY WORD, give the discount and take the loss that time.  THAT is what I think Renderosity should have done. 

This was not your representative's decision, I'm sure, but the company's policy. And THAT is what I am upset about. - Renderosity's policies, not the representative.

We're not talking about a type of typo where I would have had to be an idiot to think that the representative was right, like if I had asked "is it Sept 1 or Sept 2?"  and been told "it's Sept 22th"   when clearly the page said Sept 2.      

This is a typo where I asked "is it A or B?" and was told B, when the correct answer might have been either.  Then, the first time I test it, I'm told nope - it's A.

And I am STILL trying to figure out what Renderosity MEANS when they say "SALE ENDS SEPT 2".

*edited to take out a few extra words in a sentence the didn't make sense :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director