Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: And yet another Luxrender, Reality, DAZ cult rant.

pzrite opened this issue on Aug 31, 2010 · 104 posts

Kalypso posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 10:11 AM Online Now! Site Admin

I don't know about that Leee, I remember a LOT of bickering back then, posts getting deleted, accusations flying, egos getting bruised, etc. but then there were fewer of us and no other place to go :)

But I understand what you mean, there is not such a widespread hostility of one site towards the other as a few would have us believe.   And I'll let you all in on a little secret - the silent majority who don't appear very often in here could probably care less about these little "site-wars" and the sites know it :)

As for the Lux plugins I'm just watching as an interested bystander for now, will probably try it with Poser but I just did a render with IDL, baggins' env. sphere, vss, reflections, the works and an 800x800 render took just under 30 min with very good results so I'm not exactly waiting in line for 24-hour renders.  

The most amusing thing I've seen though is the image people are putting on their renders that says 'made with Reality'.   Come on people, it's Lux doing all the rendering, that's what you ought to be advertising!!