Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:56 PM

Hi people. I've been working on materials and material conversions. I have glowing materials working perfectly now. I can now use my Environment Sphere. I know that it isn't needed, as there are other ways to use environmental lighting in Lux, but lots of people have scenes already built using the EnvSphere and making it work as is will make it very easy to export such scenes with no work on the part of the user.

And I have a good grasp of "glass" and "glossy".

As a demonstration, see the attached image. (Click for full size). There are no lights - just the EnvSphere. All materials on the cars are glossy or glass - even the wheels are glossy, not metal. I will eventually get to the other interesting materials in Lux, but using those two is enough for quite a number of things.

If you're curious, this is a real place. If you go to Google Maps street view, at 1118 Main St, Carrington ND, you can look around.

Business must be booming at Central City Lumber - TWO Koenigsegg CCX cars out front!

I got the car from the French DMI car site. Converted from LWO to OBJ using PoseRay - nothing else was able to deal with LW UV mapping (or lack thereof). Then into Poser, and Luxposed into LuxRender.

This is the first image I've ever done where I really think I got close to photorealism. (Low polys and a texture glitch prevent perfection.) LuxRender is superb. This was rendered in 56 minutes - 1750 samples. I used a tiny bit of noise reduction to remove some grain in the glass.

I am working on the GUI for material setup.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)