Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

ice-boy posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 2:59 AM

Quote - Ok, I've been thinking hard the last day or two... Get ready - let's see if I can explain this in a way that makes sense...lol:

I've been pondering the obvious discrepancy between Poser, that can't handle extremely poly-heavy scenes and Luxrender, that loves high poly and can handle them fine. So I was thinking: could it be possible to have a low res placeholder in Poser and somehow swap it out for a high res version during the exporting process? I know I'm probably asking a whole lot. And it wouldn't solve anything for current content, only future content if it was possible. But I was thinking how nice that would be if we could do that. Set the scene up with low poly things in Poser and grab the high poly versions at export ;o). I added it to the wishlist btw. I can dream...lol.

Laurie

but Luarie look at Bagginsbills render. this is a high poly female figure. you can not subdivide this figure and everything in the scene to get rid of an artifact that should nto be in the software in 2010.
i think they will fix this in 1 or 2 months. other raytraced renders dont have this. this is 2010 this should not happen.
everyone needs to read this. this has nothing to do with Poser. it has ntohing to do with the geometry exporter. i am using Blender and i get the same artifacts.

Bagginsbill i think you should go work for ILM or Weta and create for them the ultimate raytracer(render) that can be used for movie production and for me hehehehehheeheheh ;)