Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think I need to relearn Poser.

Silke opened this issue on Sep 18, 2010 ยท 42 posts

basicwiz posted Sat, 18 September 2010 at 9:20 PM

Quote -
If you're saying her face/skin is pale/greyish: that's by design. Her lips and eyes and hair aren't. If GC were to render things grey, wouldn't it affect all objects in the scene?

My apologies. I feel the skin is so pale as to be artificial, but that is only my perception. I thought it was GC that had done it, not you, the creator.

Actually, as I understand the gurus, it wouldn't necessarily lighten EVERYTHING up. IIRC if some of the textures are correctly prepared for GC they will render well, leaving those that are not GC prepared out in the cold to render as they will. I will be delighted to stand corrected on this point, but this is my current understanding of how the system works.

This is the rub: To use GC it appears you have to take a lot of time to rework/prepare your textures, as opposed to what most of us are used to... load a set of stock items off the shelf, light and render. Add to the mix that many of us, despite the tutorials and threads, don't know enough about the material room to make the required changes and we get the situation we now have.

I'm delighted GC works for you and the other advanced users here. I'm sure it is people of your ability level that prompted Smith Micro to add the feature. I was simply comforting a fellow user who is in the same boat as myself! :) No insult to your work was intended.