Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do you convert PC files to Mac files, from a PC Machine?

magnet opened this issue on Aug 07, 2001 ยท 10 posts

MartinC posted Wed, 08 August 2001 at 3:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.soft-rabbit.com/

Hi magnet, there is currently no way to convert on a PC - I would love to write a tool like this, but because of the differences in the file systems that Jim mentioned, both PC <-> Mac conversions must take place on a Mac disk. If you release FreeStuff or just a few commercial download products, it will be completely sufficient to tell your Mac customers about the conversion tool. If you want to set up a real professional business with full crossplatform offers, you would need to get hold of a Mac in order to do it. You will also need one if you want to create hybrid Mac/PC CDs. Although some of the PC burning tools will offer to burn hybrid, you won't have complete control over the Mac partition unless you mount it on a Mac and clean it up prior to burning. If you only need one for your customers, any second-hand PPC Mac would do (and the early ones should be fairly cheap nowadays). My own tools run on *any* PPC that ever came out, but if you plan to burn CDs make sure that you have/get a compatible burner (SCSI for older models, USB/FireWire today) and a version of Toast that runs on the model. If you have further questions, feel free to drop me a note, MartinC