Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Will Facebook Eat Renderosity and DAZ's Lunch?

MatrixWorkz opened this issue on Aug 26, 2010 · 66 posts

Meshbox posted Mon, 27 September 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quote - Then you skipped over HeyDork accusing me of Advertising Spam when I had no links to my Facebook presence whatsoever and Mackis3D basically telling me to Ignore Renderosity if I didn't like it so much. That to me was an invitation to leave. Almost everyone has zeroed in on the remarks I made about opening a store there but have completely ignored the actual topic that the article I linked to generated. What's the topic again? Anyone? It's not my store, really. I could care less if you don't want to buy from me personally.

What I'm asking you is, with a social network as HUGE as Facebook, how long do you think Rosity and DAZ can compete if merchants start moving en mass to places that actually give you decent privacy settings and Ignore User features and all the other things we've been asking for around here for years now?

While I have been and continue to be critical of how most brokerages work, Facebook doesnt represent that much of a challenge. DAZ and Rendo provide sites that specifically target users of products like Poser or D|S. This industry is simply too small fry for Facebook to really care to provide adaptations. Only a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of Facebook denizens would care anyway.

There definitely is value in using Facebook for promotions - doesnt matter if they are hosted on your own site, or on rendo or daz or CP or cornucopia 3d. Likewise, I encourage people to put their promotions on Content Creator's Guild, because it is free and reasonably free of restrictions. Ive been using Facebook for some time now to help promote Meshbox products and its been valuable - but certainly not a replacement for anything else.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want