Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

adp001 posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 11:23 AM

Quote - Ok now I have a problem. I only downloaded luxrender and the plugin for poser last night, but the render takes too long. I setup the scene in poser and imported it into luxrender. I put in on linear tone mapping and didn't change anything else. It was a simple portrait so i watched it render. It took so long I decided to go to bed and when I woke up it didn't change very much, mostly loads of dots no texture only the form of the face and it was still rendering. This is about 8 hrs.
Am I doing something wrong? What setting should I use. In poser I used one of BB's lights he included in his Vss shader folder. An indoor one. Nothing else!

Textures are not converted yet, because BB is too busy to work on this. What works are only simple textures (P4-style). This is not a real problem, because LuxRender does not need complicated textures.

Regarding to your light: Don't know how you set up the scene. But if you're using IBL than you have to note that LuxRenders lighting system is different from Poser. You better start with simpler spot and pointlight to get a feeling for what LuxRender can do. The most complicated things we are familar with in Poser are not required with LuxRender.