Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

adp001 posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 4:04 PM

Quote - Okay, I gave the same scene as last night a try in 1-40. Came in nicely, didn't have to really fiddle with the settings on Linear. She rendering now, but I have the same trouble with my light. The shadow is razor sharp. I thought maybe it's that Lux doesn't understand depth mapped shadow. So I switched the single spotlight I'm using to raytraced and set the blurr to 3. Shadow blur isn't crossing over into Lux, so it must be something I'm not doing right. Can someone explain please?

Light is different in Poser. LuxRender does light as real as possible. A real light has no dial with "Bluershadow". If you want such a light, you have to create on :)

This is what "emitting light" is good for. As bigger a light is (in size) as smoother the shadows will come out. So create a prop (a square will do) and set Ambiente_Color/Ambiente_Value to the lightcolor and intensity you need.

Quote -
EDIT: I just checked, I have weirdness.  I only have ONE spotlight in my scene. I checked the light tab in Lux and I have two lights according to Lux. One named GR1 (the light I exported), and one named Victora 4 (????????).  WTF?????

If ambiente color in a material is set, the actor/prop is taken as a light emitting geometry (a "light"). To be sure your V4 is not lit, set Ambiente_Value to 0.