Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Glossy materials with true Fresnel effect using matmatic

bagginsbill opened this issue on Sep 29, 2010 · 74 posts

Latexluv posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 10:00 PM

Quote - Heck of a time for my PC to go belly-up... pretty sure it's my graphics card that's gone and pooed itself. Oh well, by Christmas I hope to have an i7 or something equivalent and then I can try all these awesome materials. By then, the i9 or whatever will be out and i7s will be yesterday's news (hoping).

I hear yah! My graphics card obviously has a problem. For the last couple of months there has been a permanent, very thin lining runing vertically down my screen and just off of center. It hasn't gotten worse, but definitely a signal that my five year old Toshiba wants to kick it. This means I have to get a new laptop and there's nothing but Windows 7 machines out there (mine is and XP Professional). And how the heck do I get my Firefox out of this machine along with all my booksmarks into the new machine? Sure I've got back ups of my Poser programs in my external and I could even possibly run Poser from the external.  Sigh, that's what comes from living out of a laptop I suppose. But I'm afraid this is off topic. Very sorry!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8