Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Will Facebook Eat Renderosity and DAZ's Lunch?

MatrixWorkz opened this issue on Aug 26, 2010 · 66 posts

3DLoki posted Sun, 03 October 2010 at 6:46 AM Online Now!

Thought I'd chime in here with my 2 cents, since it looks like the bulk of the people in this thread seemed to have totally missed the point.

First up I'd like to know HOW exactly this thread could be even thought of as 'storefront spam' when there was no link, or name of what MatrixWorkz's store or account would even be called.

Secondly, the OP said many times he was NOT looking to sell stuff ON Facebook, but instead putting a LINK (or button) on their account that would lead back to their store / cart.

Now, on to my own points..

Right now Facebook is one of the largest and most visited site on the web, it boasts millions upon millions of users from all over the world, covering all sorts of likes and dislikes,  for ANYONE who is into 3D as a money making venture (or a business if you will) it is honestly a NO-BRAINER to utilize facebook to help brand your name and or product.

Just because YOU might not like Facebook, doesn't mean your fans or customers share that same mindset.

Some mentioned FB as if it were a 'fad' IE (paraphrasing here) "Years ago it was MySpace, and now it's Facebook"  Please don't forget that one of the main reasons MySpace LOST popularity was because they gave members 'too much control' over their profiles, and now when you go to damn near any Myspace profile you'll be bombarded by seizure inducing flashing, or music that you can't turn off,  OR your browser just crashes from the script hell on the profile lol.

Facebook offers a stripped down version that is easy on the eyes, and is easy to access no matter what your age or computer know how is.

(almost done I promise lol)

My suggestionto MatrixWorkz is as follows:

Create your facebook profile for your project (or just add a PAGE to your current account) Utilize the developer tools that Facebook has (like button,  stream feeds etc) and place those codes on your website/s, blog/s etc,  Use the facebook account as a place for your 'fans' to keep up to date on your latest stuff, (It's also a good idea to tie in a Twitter account as well)

Your own website traffic will start to raise your Facebook numbers, same with your twitter account, at least 3 times a week make a post on your wall (of your page) explaining what your latest projects are.

Do this and you can harness the 'power of facebook and twitter"

And if you'd like to see some examples, or would like more help on this, feel free to message me and I'll do my best to help you out.

(last but not least.....)

To those talking about Facebook OWNING your content, that is just outright misunderstood BULL_______  Allow me to explain what it really is and why it is....

Anything you post to your own facebook (or to anyone else's account) can be displayed ANYWHERE Facebook allows their codes to be viewed,  without their legal mumbo-jumbo of "You allowing Facebook to display, transmit, redistribute, etc etc"  you could actually SUE them for a post you made on a friends wall...

Further more, without that agreement,  ANY time the news did a story on facebook, and for some reason YOUR ACCOUNT was shown on TV (or a post you made)  YOU COULD SUE THEM (and how many times have you seen Facebook on the news?)

You're NOT signing away your photos, text, etc to Facebook,  you're just giving them permission to have it AND have it used wherever Facebook operates (and not try to come after them for doing so)

The same thing is done on EVERY site on the web of this nature, YouTube, MySpace, Break.com, Even Time Magazine,  ANYWHERE that you can leave a comment or post information yourself you are agreeing for the site owners to USE YOUR CONTENT

Otherwise the second you hit "SUBMIT" or "POST" you could sue them.

-Jay-

(Never mind my post count, check my join date instead ;)  )