Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: Privatized fire department horror

tom271 opened this issue on Oct 07, 2010 · 28 posts

tom271 posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 1:05 PM

@ Quest:  I did not introduced my point in the story correctly..  I meant to show what a limited government could mean if we started going down the road of privatizing these public services.. 

@skiwillgee This woman paid her taxes and she lived in that house...   The fire department, in full gear, watched her house burn to the ground...  They were guarding the house next door...  She begged them to put the fire out.. and offered to pay anything..   but they just stood and watched..   Upon further investigation of this story, there was money in the towns governmental workings... to cover this persons house...   where were the community services. ?
The fire department services,  like a phone or electric utility service,  it was cut off for non payment..   Heartless and cold...

This house was their lives..  the point is not what would the firemen do if there was a life on the line...  the point is what a city tax run public service did when it became privately funded..   due to a non payment fee of $75.00 they sat on their arses and watched the property burn to the ground..

Thanks for the response all..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------