Forum: Fractals

Subject: Fractal Explorer

Jennyfnf opened this issue on Oct 22, 2010 · 175 posts

Lenord posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 9:32 AM

I agree Jim and Jen, there is enough room in the Fractalverse for all, the app doesn't matter it's the Vision that counts.

Gaiadriel
I understand what Arthur is saying about the code levels of Delphi and trying to update them but that's only a part of the problem. I'm not a Coder but I am a Technician and the thing that changed more with the technology of PCs was Hardware not Software. Late XP, XP-Pro, Vista, and now Se7en systems are mostly Multicore Systems (ie P4 HT, Dual core, Quadcore) and some running 64 bit platforms not 32 bit, that's where the conflifts can really bite you. Older applications like FE, MojoWorld that were never upgraded for Multithreading OS can have some quirks when running on them. Actually if you are running a 64 bit platform the app may not even open and run, just not compatible at all, that's why I will not upgrade to a 64 bit platform yet, too many programs I use are not 64 bit friendly. The Multicore 32 bit problems are easier to remedy with OS settings when running them, for FE and MojoWorld (apps which don't allow setting Threadcounts) when I'm using them I just open the Windows Task Manager and set the CPU Affinity to just one Processor to eleminate any conflicts and they Run just fine.

len

Remember...No matter where you go there you are