Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

kawecki posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 8:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Personally, I'd just as soon use Poser 4 style materials in Poser and choose how I want them to look on export. I assume, however, that that is a bit of coding...lol.

Laurie

That's my plan - I will be making a totally new "material room" just for LuxPose.

You mean anything you promised the last few month was bullshit? Just said to stop further community-development? What about "I'm able to convert anything from the material-room to Lux automatically"? And, "if this doesn't work, I'll change the way how Lux handles materials to get it work with Poser"? No, you didn't say it exactly as I wrote above. But all your "fans" where reading it as this. What about those guys saying "impossible"? Are they right at the end? I'm disappointed. I don't think your LuxPose has any chance to compare with LuxBlend or even with DAZ-Reality. What you are talk about now could be already done. Just with Python, completly open source. Without this crappy Adobe shit. It's time to go on with a Universal-Material-Editor for Lux as ODF said weeks ago. I have a lot prepared already. Including material previews in realtime with multi-core environments.

I quited long time ago, what I said that I was going to do I dit it long time ago.

My goal was a stand alone wavefront obj or 3dsMax converter to LuxRender and I did it, it is simple, converts the geometry with all the seams and texturing and creates the basic Poser or 3ds materials and nothing more.

There's no automatic solution, shader trees are useless in Lux and lights are different too and it also makes no sense. If you want to create a scene in Poser and render it Lux it will not look the same as in Poser and if you want to look the same then render it in Poser. LuxRender has materials and capabilities that are impossible to be done it Poser and also has its own crap, any automatic conversion will not use the potencial of Lux and you are only wasting your time with very little results and a huge rendering time. I haven't seen any nice Lux rendering, with exception of Laurie, in all the pages in this thread, Poser 4 produce much better images.

What is needed is a two stage solution, the first stage is an geometry with basic materials exporter, it doesn't matter is within Poser or stand-alone, if it uses Python, Java, C or any other thing, it only matter to create the LuxRender files. The second stage is a scene editor, where you can set up the lights, cameras, use Lux materials and even position meshes in the scene. This can be done with a text editor as I am doing, or someone create a GUI to do it in a more friendly way.

Stupidity also evolves!