Forum: Blender

Subject: New Blender version now capable of creating Poser morphs and figures

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 13, 2009 · 104 posts

Miss B posted Tue, 02 November 2010 at 1:52 AM

Quote - How is it better, ice-boy? I am having issues with hotkeys all being different in 2.5x. The whole point to Blender - what made Blender so fast - was the hotkeys, and now I have to relearn all that? Makes absolutely no sense for them to do that.

Hey Robyn, I don't know how many hotkeys you use, but in the User Preferences in 2.54 you have several options for setting the keystrokes you want to use.

I've been using 2.45 and then 2.49 for about 2 years now, and like you I'm used to certain hotkeys, e.g., spacebar for the "add" menu, which of course they changed.  I think a lot of changes were made because it seems to me more functions are now available.  Then again, some of them may have been available and I just didn't know where they were.  Now you need to use Shift A to get the "add" menu, and I guess you can't set that back the way you want, but some I have.

For example, in the older versions I set User Preferences to Emulate Numpad because I've been using my laptop more, and always used Alt + or Alt - for zooming in and out.  I went into 2.54's File > User Preferences (Ctrl Alt U), and on the Input tab there's a long list of options available for editing.  If you click on the arrow to the left of 3D View and then 3D View (Global), there are several Zoom, Move, etc. that can be edited.  Since I suffer from acute CTS, I can't use a mouse, so those set up for the MMB are totally useless to me, so I clicked on two of the Zoom buttons and it changed to "Press a key" and then I clicked on Alt + for one of them and Alt - for the other, and now I can still use those older keystrokes if I want.  Of course now I can also use Ctrl and LMB to do the same (which may or may not have been available in older versions), but when you're used to doing something a certain way, why give it up if you can work out how to keep doing it the same way.

Just my 2¢ FWIW.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz