Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Schecterman posted Thu, 04 November 2010 at 9:31 PM

Quote - Shecterman: Looking good.

You mention making the character clothing with nothing underneath, Cage and Les have come up with a way to do that in Poser, that I thought would be great for clothing. Geometry insertion, basically the clothing gets inserted into the scene and replaces the body parts and gets welded in. No poke through. I've played with the idea a bit and I think it will work good, with the insertion of changes in the falloff zones and JCM's to match.

cheers.

Thank you. :-)

Geometry insertion sounds like a good idea. When you're modeling, rigging, animating, rendering - whatever - on a deadline, everything that saves time is a plus, so there's no point in having geometry you don't need like a body underneath clothing. Unless of course the clothing is see-through, but even there you'd only use what you need.

I know that it's not very common to have Poser figures with no nekkid bodies under what little clothing many of them wear for their renders though. ;-)

And there doesn't seem to be much along the lines of options such as you're suggesting, but that would be very cool. Would it be possible to create some sort of script or plugin that automates a clothing replacement/geometry switching routine for any clothing that follows a specific set of guidelines, I wonder?

Or would it have to be manually set up for each and every new model? I'm thinking, if the joints and poly groups in a piece of clothing can be made conforming simply because they adhere to the standard of the figure in question in terms of bones and naming, then it would seem that a similar method could be created for geometry switching.