Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Modeler Seeks Rigger

JonnyLeeCreatureShop opened this issue on Nov 05, 2010 · 42 posts

JonnyLeeCreatureShop posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 4:39 PM

Quote - I'd say initial modelling and textureing is about 20% of the work involved in creating a successful poser character. In many cases, items need to be remodeled to work properly with rigging, and then there are also all the morph involved, and building them into the character cr2.

And nitch figures can have very low launch sales.. as few as 100 or less. If someone has to spend a few weeks rigging a figure, and then splitting the profits, they could well work themselves into the poor house.

Nowhere did I say that I could not create the cr2s.  I can create the Poser files.  I need someone to JUST rig.  I can split up the geometry, as Poser needs.

I'm well aware of how to lay out topology for a model to be rigged.  I would also be doing the blend shapes ("morph targets" in Poser).  I've done rigging in Poser.  It is not more work than the modeling, it is just not something I enjoy or that I specialize in.

I would like to get out of the poor house, thank you.  I would appreciate more constructive comments, rather than discouragement and an attitude that I must not be very bright for my initial post.