Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Nodes for Dummies

RobynsVeil opened this issue on Jan 24, 2009 · 490 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 19 November 2010 at 9:01 AM

Quote - Then, your control bit is the Math_Function(Add) value, with which you regulate just how much of the colour you're going to add back.

Not quite accurate. It controls how much of the difference from the reference color you're going to add back.

Quote - Which is going to affect those deltas, isn't it? Never even really thought about it (although I should have, since that was the point!), but since the deltas are pretty much an unknown, making that value something other than 1 is going to produce some interesting (read: unpredictable) results, isn't it?

The deltas are not known to you but the manipulation is known to you. So the results are not at all unpredictable.

I predict that regardless of the multiplier, the reference color will not be modified. Colors near the reference color will be modified only slightly. Colors that are very different from the reference color will be modified a lot.

If the multiplier is more than 1, color differences will be magnified. If the multiplier is between 0 and 1, color differences will be minimized - resulting in less contrast and giving a stronger overall sensation of the reference color. If the multiplier is less than 0, differences will be reversed. A color that has more red than the reference color will then have less red than the reference color, etc.

I can say even more about what I can predict, but I have to go to work.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)