Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: do you think it is too late to have a thread about what we would like in poser 9

estherau opened this issue on Sep 25, 2010 ยท 298 posts

Schecterman posted Sun, 21 November 2010 at 9:20 PM

How about if the document didn't save an aborted/canceled render?

If I'm trying to make changes and I hit render then suddenly realize I didn't change something I wanted to and hit cancel, that's it, I'm SOL when it comes to comparing my next render to the one before the canceled one because the partial render stays in the render view.

Yeah, Poser pro has the render window thing where you can view previous stored renders, but it's not the same thing.

What would be better still is a system like mental ray has where you can click on an icon to save unlimited and only specified certain renders in your render window in the temporary cache and scroll through them and delete ones from the cache that you don't want.

When I'm rendering something in mental ray, that simple functionality makes an enormous difference when trying to tweak various scene elements. I mean to say it's a simple but HUGELY helpful thing to be able to do that, and I doubt it would be very difficult to implement in Poser.

Poser's current way was good for a start, but having only two stored renders at any one time in the document window is too limiting. Yes, again I know about the render window and I also know about those buttons on the lower left to access them from the disk cache.

Just covering my butt because I know someone otherwise is going to say " But you can already do that!"

Yeah, sure you can, but I don't like doing it that way. ;-)

It's not intuitive and it slows down the workflow.