Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 21 November 2010 at 10:20 PM

It was never a project. I manage projects for a living and this is no "project". There is no project statement, and there is no leader, there are no stated measures of success, no deliverables, no accountabilities, and no action items. Without those things, there is no project.

One thing is odd, though. It seems if I don't work on it, nobody does. Hardly a community activity, IMO. There are plenty of things that need fixing yet, having nothing to do with materials. And, there are other people who could do something with materials if they wanted to.

For example, I already gave a bunch of code to read every kind of Poser node - to find any kinds you like - and to construct any kind of LuxRender node.

Nobody can see that you could call "findAKindOfNode" to find a Velvet node, and then generate the Lux velvet material? How about a glossy and generate paint? Really - the community is so at a loss that even after I publish all the necessary hard parts you can't see how to connect them?

When I have time, I will work on this some more.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)