Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: do you think it is too late to have a thread about what we would like in poser 9

estherau opened this issue on Sep 25, 2010 · 298 posts

EClark1894 posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 4:16 PM

Quote - I predict that SM will find a way to implement weight mapping in Poser. :biggrin: Weight mapping/single skinning is really just an added feature. But one which makes all the difference when trying to make a figure bend and move realistically. It has been around now for many years.

I am glad someone is pushing the envelope here, for better rigging tools. Poser needs to move forward with the available tech.  Content can only be made to do what the app will support. If SM wants a Vicky killer, they need to make an app that can support it. Though I doubt they really much care who has the best figure, their focus seems to be on selling the software.

My problem with that kind of thinking is that it appears to be myopic.  Daz has always dominated the content field. Before Studio came along it was a perfect Symbiotic relationship with Poser. The fact is that Studio came along BECAUSE Poser looked like it was going to disappear, DAZ began to hedge it's bets by creating Studio.

I will give eFrontier credit because they did seem to recognize the monster they helped create before they left. They started a store of their own, Content Paradise. But where Efrontier saw CP as a place to sell their own content, Smith Micro seems to be more focused on selling software.