Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

lesbentley posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 5:34 PM

> Quote - ... but having the single actor influence several others seems like it might not work using otherActor.  Dunno.

It seems that it does work, I just checked. In the attached file, there are 3 twistY channels in the lThigh, each points to a difrent actor, and lThigh is influenced by yrot of all 3 other Thigh actors, and no other thighs are influenced by yrot of lThigh. With jointX, each and every Thigh has 3 jointX channels that collectively point to all the other thigh actors. So xrot in any thigh will affect all the other thighs via jointX.

I did not make any changes to jointZ channels. Strangely there seems to be some acidental linkage between rThigh2 and lThigh, because zrot of rThigh2 affects the lThigh, and I have no idea why this is happening,  😕  there may also be a linkage with the other rotations in respect to rThigh2 and lThigh. Any way, I can't be bothered to track the glitch down. At least the file seems to demonstrate the main point, that a joint channel can be influenced by rotations of several sibling actors. Other than that I draw no conclusions.