Forum: Community Center

Subject: When did I miss this? Aery Soul no longer?

FutureFantasyDesign opened this issue on Aug 03, 2010 · 63 posts

KageRyu posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 5:09 PM

Quote - Quite honestly after the stunt she pulled today.. I wont ever purchase anything from her again no matter how much I like it..

How sad is that.. Renderosity gives a 50% off coupon for one day only.. as long as the item isnt on sale or on clearance.. so what do they do? come in.. and put thier items on sale for 1 day only at 3% off.. which means like 50 cents..

This isn't a stunt, and dozens of vendors do it. I fail to see this as a truly valid gripe, or really anything but just bellyaching as there was just a coupon for 50% earlier this month that WAS valid on sale and clearance. I remember quite well as I was upset at not having the funds to take advantage of it because of other 50% off deals that cleared out my wallet.  So it was possible to have used that coupon then on any of Aery Soul's items that you had wanted at a good price.  While I too like to get good deals, I also understand some content creators spend a lot of time on their content for what is really minute compensation.  When you look at the fact that half of the listed cost goes right to the brokerage site in 99% of the cases.  Then when a coupon comes along and gouges another 50% out of that, it is really peanuts.  I still remember when far less detailed and useable content was sold for hundreds of dollars per model or mesh, and I think much of the community today does not realize not only how much it has changed, but how much work goes into creating and testing content. 

Quote - Honestly if your not going to be part of the community.. then leave it.. theres the door.. no one is stopping you.. Im really surprised Renderosity isnt a tad bit annoyed with that.. talk about completely by passing a promotion they created. Oh well.. good bye Aery Soul.. good riddance

This is exactly the types of attitude from the so called community I think is driving away more content creators.  Between an uncarring community that is predominantly hostile, and constant losses to piracy, filesharing, and torrent sites from many who are unwilling to pay at all, it just isn't worth it.  Aery Soul's products aren't even some of the most expensive I have seen, but they were great quality and worthy of the prices in my opinion.  While no longer offering support on their products is a bummer, perhaps if the community was as supportive of vendors and content creators as it expects the creators to be toward it then this wouldn't be an issue.; members in the forums could always volunteer to help out with their knowledge of a product, or useful information.

Whenever I see a content creator who creates good qulity, orriginal content leave the business I am saddened by it, and I feel the community as a whole is lessened. As I said in my comment that seems to have sparked derision and hatred, too many have left the community (and I am not refering to the rendo community but the business as a whole) this year in my mind - creators of decent quality content.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!