Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Miki 3.0

Barwickian opened this issue on Nov 30, 2010 · 164 posts

onimusha posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 2:55 PM

With no idea how the mesh actually bends because the pictures in Content Paradise are so small, repetitive, and demonstrate little, I am extremely hesitant to buy the mesh.

Miki 1 and 2 were also extremely problematic.  They had insanely good facial poses and morphs but were utterly awful in how they bent everywhere else.  They also had next to zero support from product makers and what little support they had dried up very rapidly.

Smith Micro has also done an awful job marketting Miki 3.0 as compared to even independent Poser product makers.  Where is the innundation of private renders from people who have advanced copies?  Where are the previews of upcoming clothes and other products for Miki 3.0? 

Even the smaller Poser product makers do this and Smith Micro's lame Facebook campaign that also included terribly unuseful renders that gave little hint at how the mesh comes together didn't make up for it (I also don't need to open my Facebook account up to a bajillion people by friending a digital model).

So until I see some more renders that show me Miki 3.0 doesn't have the prolems that a lot of the meshes coming out of Smith Micro have had, I'll be holding back.