Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Miki 3.0

Barwickian opened this issue on Nov 30, 2010 · 164 posts

Dim_Reaper posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 4:22 PM

So looking at the introduction sale price I decided it was worth getting the figure for use in the future if it wouldn't work with Poser 7.

Just tried the figure in P7.  I didn't expect it to even load, so I was pleasantly surprised.  Because of the different joint rigging the mesh tears easily after a small movement (you can move the arms down by about 20 degrees before this happens).  Head movement seems to be fine, so no problem with portrait shots.

The biggest problem that I had was with the size of the texture maps - 4k x 4k PNG files are a bit much for my graphics card to handle it seems, so there were some display glitches. 

I resized the default maps to 2k x 2k, re-saved as jpeg and then replaced the maps in the material room.  The figure seemed to work reasonably well after that - enough to do a quick render anyway (shown above)

EDIT: The problem with the texture maps could very likely be that I'm running on a 32-bit OS.

i7 5960X, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Professional.  Running Daz Studio 4.11, Poser 11, Vue Inf 7, Photoshop CS4