Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Question on Violence

3-d-c opened this issue on Nov 19, 2010 · 22 posts

FutureFantasyDesign posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 10:35 AM

OMGDDSS! get a grip, the Catholic Church used Art to convey the story of the bible 100's of years before I ever said anything, specifically to instruct the illiterate masses! Cave people used art to teach the people how to hunt and worship the unknown! I mentioned illiteracy as a form of non-educated in certain things that surround them. And that because visual cues often help many understand better the import of a given issue.

Art should make an impression and have impact on anyone viewing it. Weither it is the image's beauty, or the image's shock value. It plays an important part in delivering it's message.

If you want to quote me, do so accurately! "Much of art is a way for the illiterate to see and understand things that otherwise they might not." That is what I said... Also "Illiterate" can also refer to the ignorant of what is going on right under their noses.

**il·lit·er·ate **** **
–adjective
1. unable to read and write: an illiterate group.
2. having or demonstrating very little or no education.
3. showing lack of culture, esp. in language and literature.
4. displaying a marked lack of knowledge in a particular
field: "He is musically illiterate."
–noun
5. an illiterate person.

If you like art being censored, well you are entitled to your opinion... I actually speak for all artists and art lovers when I defend not having censorship. The freedom to create is essential to a healthy society.

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com