Forum: Vue

Subject: Volumetric clouds mini challenge

agiel opened this issue on Aug 10, 2001 ยท 12 posts

tesign posted Sat, 11 August 2001 at 10:55 AM

"Is this what you had in mind with your earlier post ?"....sort of Agiel, but you certainly did a great job on your first image for the "among clouds" effect with Vue 4. I was actually referring to how it is easily done with Bryce. I believe it can be done(to a certain extend) with Vue 4 but its a real tough call. Like you mentioned, its not easy as Bryce can do it, which is straight forward. What I see Vue 4 lack here is "Volumatric Plane" and that is what Bryce has to get the volumetric cloud preset working with it. Anyway, hope e-on is looking at Bryce and have what it takes to make nice volumetric clouds in the next version. I have attached another image of the clouds that I would love to make without all the hassle Vue 4 has to get by with. This is just a straight forward placing of 4 volumetric plane (one place almost horizontal -lower)to get different variation of thick volumetric clouds. Thanks for all your work out agiel. Its nice to know what the competition has that can improve another product. Hats off to Bryce on this one.