Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Aug 27, 2010 · 1684 posts

bagginsbill posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 1:46 PM

Thanks for the votes - I certainly have considered doing some commercial things - many things. What always stops me is the final packaging effort and the level of support I'd anticipate having/wanting to perform if I asked people to pay for something.

A couple weeks ago Steve Cooper asked me to have a look at the Miki 3 materials (just days before release.) Of course, I didn't like them. I spent a few hours making new ones and gave them to Coop - he liked them better and SM replaced the entire set with what I gave them, which is now in the released package. It only took me a few hours because I just generated the material collections using matmatic - and I was done. It was they that took the time to create all the thumbnails, organize the many materials into folders - changed their minds about how they were named and renamed them all - and wrote up all the documentation to go with them, and packaged them for Windows and Mac. Had I undertaken those aspects, it would have cost me a couple days just to package them.

I actually made 9 sets of advanced materials for Miki 3 but only gave SM 3 of them and they only released the main set - I may sell the full set on CP if they'll deal with the packaging.

Of course if I have no work, then there's a boatload of things I could assemble for sale to help make ends meet, not just Luxpose. As you say, something is better than nothing!

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)