Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Install Problem

colorfulsilk opened this issue on Dec 08, 2010 · 15 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 08 December 2010 at 2:58 PM

I recall reading something about this particular problem - that some Daz installers mistakenly expect that particular file to exist already instead of creating it the first time.

Users with new machines (like yourself) encounter it more often than somebody who has already installed other Daz content in the past. For example, anybody who already had V3 never had this problem installing V4, because the V3 installer created the file in question.

As far as I know, the missing file has nothing important in it - just some info about what's been installed in the past. What purpose it serves is unclear, but I remember that if you create a blank, empty file with the right name, and then run the Daz installer again, it will work.

The file you need to create is:

C:/programfiles(x86)/common files/DAZ/dzinstall.ini

If the folders don't exist, make them first. Then make an empty text file with notepad with the name dzinstall.ini.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)