Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is there a 3D tutorial for Poser?

renderclipps opened this issue on Dec 10, 2010 · 18 posts

FightingWolf posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:03 PM

Quote - I'm wondering if there's a tutorial on how to make 3D scenes in poser or Daz for the new 3D TV's currently being sold?

I'm going to go out on a limb on this one and say that there's no way for you to make that type of 3D scene for the new T.V.s because of the type of 3D that it is.  I'm thinking that I read that somewhere that you'll need special equipment to make the movie and to show it. Something about both two projectors with one flickering or something, that can be picked up by polarized 3D glasses.  I'm not sure how the 3D T.Vs work but my guess is that it works in a similar method but instead of having two projectors doing the work, the glasses are doing the work by using a shutter which is probably why they are batterly powered.  But don't quote me on the tech aspects of it. Just a guess from what little I know about Real 3D.

You can however create 3D images the old way using 3D anaglyph (The red and blue 3D glasses). I've actually turned some poser art into 3D using that method.  Just make sure you have some aspirin close by because after a while you'll get a headache. Also the 3D anaglyph creates an inward 3D picture where you are looking into the screen.  Polarized 3D creates an outward 3D where things come out of the screen.