Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Things that should exist in Poser and elsewhere.

Photopium opened this issue on Dec 12, 2010 · 36 posts

Cage posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 6:24 PM

For number two, I'd kind of like to be able to set the direction or intensity of gravity.  It might be useful in some cases to set gravity to the center of a cloth object, to have it deflate like a basketball, say, or wrap an object with cloth effects on the wrapping object.  I've done this with a script, so it can be done, but Python for this sort of thing is slow under the best conditions.  If the intensity could be reduced to zero, that would meet your needs, too.

For the boob thing, erm, some kind of soft body dynamics would be neato-keen.  But so would fluid dynamics, physics simulation, and more accessible hair design tools which allow numeric or dial entry as well as interface dragging.  :unsure:

Have you seen the auto retopo for 3D-Coat?  It's supposed to be the best out there right now, requiring only that you define key edge loops.  I haven't tested it yet, but phantom3D has shown some nice results with it.

I'm not sure what you mean with number seven.  A curl modifier like the wave deformer?  Or a hair shaping tool?  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.