Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My First Gallery Addition

rokket opened this issue on Dec 24, 2010 ยท 55 posts

BionicRooster posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 12:00 AM Forum Moderator

I only started learning Poser 7 back in May of this year, and then started modeling in Wings about a month later after LaurieA suggested it, as I was making my 1st props with Poser primitive shapes. I did prove you can do quite a bit with them tho. I think I am one of the exceptions on here that took the unorthodox route and started learning a little bit of everything all at once.

At 1st it was all jumbled info, but as a little time passed, things just clicked and started making sense. So in the last 7 months, I've learned to model and uv map, make props with morphs, rigging figures, making conforming and dynamic clothes (I prefer dynamic by far), and texturing of course. I've been told by a few people that I've learned way faster then anyone they've seen, I don't know tho, it's just fun and I took to it I guess.

But what I'm getting at is, you're only limited by how enthusiastically you take to learning new things to improve your images and/or animations. Don't think of watching and reading tutorials like school work, it'll only turn you off of this great means of expressing ones' creativity. Happily spend and hour a night watching a few good and informative tutorials before you jump into Poser. Then after(or during if that's easier for you to follow along) the videos or reading, go into Poser and practice around with what you just learned, and not only use the settings they implemented, change one here and there and see the after effects (especially in the material and cloth rooms.)

And most of all, never forget the people here are always ready and willing to help. Even for models here and there. I've made many freebies that were requests already, and am glad to give back to the community that has coached me along this crazy and warped road.

I'm still waiting for one of my products to be a big hit so I can upgrade to Poser 8 or hopefully Pro 2010. Maybe I should start a thread and have the people choose what they want made, and give updates periodically, and get feedback, to build a product that a lot of people contributed ideas for. Just a thought.

Here's a quick animation I made cuz I thought that shader was just too cool. It literally took maybe 15 minutes to set up. and that includes time to model the high poly sheet. Just to give you an idea with what you can do with just a few neat tricks learned from the forum here. That's just a spere, cloth sheet, and background image, and the cloth room did all the work for me. It's easier then it seems initially :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D