Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What if I wanted to create my own clothes?

Michaelab opened this issue on Dec 30, 2010 · 119 posts

RobynsVeil posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 9:57 PM

Quote - The point that is being missed (probably intentionally) is that if you stick to premade rigs and don't learn how to rig for yourself, you are constrained to work within the premade rigs.  The basic fact is that you will be compromising to the tool and limiting yourself.  Grouping and rigging the aforementioned coat is not the issue, it's grouping and rigging something like this (nudity) that no premade rig is going to be suitable for.

Or, we can just go a build a new figure from scratch, thus removing all the issues that V4 brings with her. For those that agree with that suggestion, I can recommend a site for you: CG Society are looking for exactly your mindset. 😉 :biggrin:

For the elitist modeller, true: nothing like struggling with the setup room. Which I've done. And learned bugger-all. Then, I found Obj2Cr2 and was able to move on. If my objective was to learn rigging, then I would have failed my objective. As it was, I succeeded: creating conforming cloth with the least amount of effort.

Relax, Paul... we're here to have fun, not re-invent the wheel. Rigging clothing in the Setup Room is daunting. I spent many a fruitless, pointless hour in there, with no help from the manual or this forum, either. I finally decided: why not make life easier using a tool that works, when the point isn't to learn jcms and ercs but to make an item of conforming clothing?

I don't look for the easiest way to do things in all cases: after all, I've chosen Blender to model in, not Wings or C4D (which I can't afford - few that I know can). That should say something about my willingness to explore concepts. I've also editted Cr2s in NotePad++, but JEEZ, isn't it ever so much easier in Poser File Editor? Hmmmm???

Get my point?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks